Sunday, December 7, 2008

Day 54--Heavy Sigh

So, our car got broken into last night in the hotel parking lot, leaving us with a smashed rear window on the driver's side and a backseat full of broken glass. We didn't have anything of huge value in the car (apparently, they didn't want our bags of recycling), but the thief stole all the contents of our glove compartment, including, ironically, my gloves. Unfortunately, in with all the papers for our car--which I'm sure had all the information someone needs to steal my identity--was a valet key we've never used and had totally forgotten about. So now we not only have to replace the window but we also get to have the whole car re-keyed. And no one can do any of it on Sunday, so we're not sure what we're going to do tonight. The Denver police actually came by to take the report in person because we think the break-in may have been caught on the hotel's security cameras, which probably won't help us but may help them find the people responsible and prevent future break-ins. I'm just feeling violated and overwhelmed and angry right now. What's wrong with people? I know, I know...it happens at hotels and it could have been much worse. But it's just one more thing we don't really need right now.

2 comments:

Marcy said...

I'm so sorry.

Anonymous said...

Oh Carrie, What a shock and what a cruel and horrible thing to happen to you two. I wish we could do something to help.
mom